How to Use an Android Phone as A Webcam?, Android Phone as a Webcam! Mobile phones are extremely versatile tools. As a test we bring you a new utility to give your Android: turn it into a webcam. It is effortless to do it, we show you how.
If you have a mobile phone you can use it for many purposes: call by phone, send messages to your friends and family, post on social networks, watch series and movies, record videos, check web pages… almost anything you can imagine fits in these computers that we all now carry in our pockets. And if that were not enough, you can add to this the power to use your Android Phone as a Webcam. Yes, you read it right. The only thing you need to make it work is to follow the advice that we are going to give you in this article and a couple of apps to install on your Android and your computer.
How to Use an Android Phone as a Webcam for PC?
When you install the program for Windows, be careful because at a certain moment you will be asked to install a driver that is included in the process. It is necessary that you accept the installation of the driver, otherwise, there will be no way to operate the system. When you have everything installed, open both the app and the program and look carefully on the mobile screen:
From here do the following :
- In the app searches for WiFi IP (it is the first line above all).
- Enter the IP address you see in “WIFi IP” in the Device IP box of the PC program.
- Check the Video and Audio box.
- Click Start.
If everything went well, the video should appear in the Windows program :
From here, the PC will understand that the image comes from a webcam and you can use the phone to make video calls by Skype, Hangouts or Messenger, although DroidCam is also compatible with apps such as Discord. The only thing that must be taken into account is that the video and audio source must be properly configured in each app.
Most Frequently Asked Questions About How to Use an Android Phone as a Webcam?
Can I Use My Android Phone as A Webcam?
How to Use Phone Camera as Webcam for PC via USB?
1. Install DroidCam into your smartphone, which is a Webcam Software.
2. Now you have to install DroidCam Client software for Windows.
3. Next connect your Windows Client with the DroidCam android app.
4. That’s it Start using your Android phone as a webcam and have fun with the live video feed.